- CoNLL-U format
This is the online documentation for Universal Dependencies, version 1 (2014-10-01). We intend to treat version 1 as stable for at least the next year, but we may subsequently make further revisions based on experiences using it to treebank a range of languages. If you plan to use the scheme yourself, please get in touch so that we can avoid problems with conflicting versions.
The data is released through LINDAT/CLARIN.
- Version 1.3 treebanks http://hdl.handle.net/11234/1-1699. Released May 15, 2016.
- Version 1.2 treebanks are archived at http://hdl.handle.net/11234/1-1548. Released Nov 15, 2015.
- Version 1.1 treebanks are archived at http://hdl.handle.net/11234/LRT-1478. Released May 15, 2015.
- Version 1.0 treebanks are archived at http://hdl.handle.net/11234/1-1464. Released Jan 15, 2015.
- The next release (v2.0) is scheduled for Nov 15, 2016. We intend to have regular treebank releases every six months.
You can query the UD treebanks on-line using
- SETS treebank search maintained by the University of Turku, or
- PML Tree Query maintained by the Charles University in Prague.
Stay up to date
If you want to receive news about Universal Dependencies, you can subscribe to the UD mailing list.
Please read the instructions for adding a new language and encoding its metadata. Follow the steps in the release checklist and make sure your data shows as validating in the format validation runs. Check the content validation for any suspicious patterns in the data; there are direct links to our treebank search that you can use to browse the suspicious data points. Check that the list of contributors is correct; this is gathered from the metadata in the READMEs. General instructions for contributing to the online documentation can be found here.
There is a separate page about tools that are available for work with UD data.
Direct link to the experimental Uralic language family documentation