The syntactic annotation in the Swedish UD treebanks follows the general guidelines but adds eight language-specific relations:
- acl:relcl for relative clauses
- aux:pass for passive auxiliaries
- compound:prt for verb particles
- csubj:pass for clausal subjects of passive verbs
- flat:name for exocentric complex names
- nmod:poss for possessive/genitive modifiers
- nsubj:pass for nominal subjects of passive verbs
- obl:agent for agents of passive verbs
The syntactic annotation has been automatically converted from the original annotation schemes (the MAMBA annotation scheme in Talbanken for UD Swedish, and the LinES annotation scheme for UD Swedish-LinES). The conversions have been checked manually and corrected on a systematic basis, but a few minor deviations from the guidelines are known to remain.
- For UD Swedish:
- Comparative modifiers are sometimes not attached to the comparative element itself but to its head.
- Absolute constructions are not annotated as clauses but as prepositional phrases with modifiers.