The Irish UD Treebank is a conversion of the Irish Dependency Treebank (IDT). IDT development was part of a PhD research project by Teresa Lynn at Dublin City University, Ireland (Lynn, 2016). The IDT data has been released on [GitHub] (https://github.com/tlynn747/IrishDependencyTreebank). The Treebank contains 1020 sentences taken from the New Corpus of Ireland-Irish (NCII), with text from books, newswire, websites and other media.
The conversion from the IDT annotation scheme to the UD annotation scheme was designed by Teresa Lynn and Jennifer Foster at Dublin City University, Ireland. The mapping to UD is reported in Lynn et al., (2016)
We wish to thank all of the contributors to the original IDT annotation, including Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha for her gold POS-tagged corpus and linguistic advice. We would also like to acknowledge linguistic advice offered by Kevin Scannell in the conversion to UD effort.
- Lynn, Teresa , Ozlem Cetinoglu, Jennifer Foster, Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha, Mark Dras and Josef van Genabith, [Irish Treebanking and Parsing: A Preliminary Evaluation] (http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2012/pdf/378_Paper.pdf), LREC 2012, Istanbul, May 2012
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha, [Active Learning and the Irish Treebank] (http://www.alta.asn.au/events/alta2012/proceedings/pdf/U12-1005.pdf), ALTA 2012, Dunedin, NZ, December 2012
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Josef van Genabith, [Working with a small dataset — semi-supervised dependency parsing for Irish] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/spmrl.pdf), SPMRL 2013, Seattle, USA, October 2013
- Lynn, Teresa, Jennifer Foster, Mark Dras and Lamia Tounsi, [Cross-lingual Transfer Parsing for Low-Resourced Languages: An Irish Case Study] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/CLTW.pdf) CLTW 2014, Dublin, Ireland, August 2014
- Teresa Lynn, [Irish Dependency Treebanking and Parsing] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/Teresa_PhDThesis_final.pdf), PhD Thesis, Dublin City University, Ireland and Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, 2016
- Lynn, Teresa and Jennifer Foster, [Universal Dependencies for Irish] (http://www.nclt.dcu.ie/~tlynn/Lynn_CLTW2016.pdf), CLTW 2016, Paris, France, July 2016